By Brendan de Caires. As part of its ongoing advocacy focus on freedom of expression in Central America, PEN Canada organized a security workshop for indigenous women journalists in Guatemala City. Perhaps the most important outcome was that the circle of solidarity now includes these courageous women who work for some of that country’s most marginalized communities.Read More
PEN Canada, the Canadian chapter of PEN International, envisions a world where writers are free to write, readers are free to read, and freedom of expression prevails. PEN Canada is a nonpartisan organization of writers that works with others to defend freedom of expression as a basic human right, at home and abroad. PEN Canada promotes literature, fights censorship, helps free persecuted writers from prison, and assists writers living in exile in Canada.
By Wendy Funes. The following report, based on a four-month investigation into judicial proceedings related to the alleged rape of indigenous girls, is the winning entry from the 2016 Escribir sin Miedo Prize for investigative/public interest journalism in Honduras. It should be noted that during the course of the investigation, authorities repeatedly denied access to and suppressed public information.Read More
By Adela Navarro. Journalists in Mexico are caught between the bullets of drug traffickers and the pressure of the government. They also end up doing the work of the authorities, which makes them very vulnerable, as they face dishonest public officials backed by the State, or criminals who control their turf with impunity.Read More
By Karla Lottini. Nearly ten thousand Mexicans sought refuge in Canada in 2008. I was one of them. I fled after getting death threats for exposing corruption in an important institution. My family were also threatened. My colleagues and I had gathered evidence that federal employees were stealing money from the Arts and Culture budget, but nobody would publish the story.Read More
Thank You For Your Support
Escriben en Lattin
- Why Canadian restaurants still don't have any Michelin stars?
- Estos serán los empleos más demandados en Canadá durante 2018
- El nuevo censo: cuántos latinos hay en Canadá, de dónde vienen, cómo llegan, dónde viven...
- Canadá y la Primera Guerra Mundial, el origen de la 'red poppy'
- Conoce los aspectos legales para establecer una empresa en Ontario
- Todo lo que debes saber sobre la legalización de la marihuana en Canadá
- Canadá y su potencial provincial, una oportunidad para México
- “El reconocimiento federal del Mes de la Herencia Latinoamericana no es un punto de llegada, sino de partida”
- José Vivar, de líder pandillero y narcotraficante a emprendedor de ‘fitness’: “Es posible cambiar”
- Los Toros de Toronto, el equipo de hockey que se motivaba con mariachis mexicanos