By Brendan de Caires. As part of its ongoing advocacy focus on freedom of expression in Central America, PEN Canada organized a security workshop for indigenous women journalists in Guatemala City. Perhaps the most important outcome was that the circle of solidarity now includes these courageous women who work for some of that country’s most marginalized communities.Read More
Autor: PEN Canada
PEN Canada, the Canadian chapter of PEN International, envisions a world where writers are free to write, readers are free to read, and freedom of expression prevails. PEN Canada is a nonpartisan organization of writers that works with others to defend freedom of expression as a basic human right, at home and abroad. PEN Canada promotes literature, fights censorship, helps free persecuted writers from prison, and assists writers living in exile in Canada.
By Wendy Funes. The following report, based on a four-month investigation into judicial proceedings related to the alleged rape of indigenous girls, is the winning entry from the 2016 Escribir sin Miedo Prize for investigative/public interest journalism in Honduras. It should be noted that during the course of the investigation, authorities repeatedly denied access to and suppressed public information.Read More
By Adela Navarro. Journalists in Mexico are caught between the bullets of drug traffickers and the pressure of the government. They also end up doing the work of the authorities, which makes them very vulnerable, as they face dishonest public officials backed by the State, or criminals who control their turf with impunity.Read More
By Karla Lottini. Nearly ten thousand Mexicans sought refuge in Canada in 2008. I was one of them. I fled after getting death threats for exposing corruption in an important institution. My family were also threatened. My colleagues and I had gathered evidence that federal employees were stealing money from the Arts and Culture budget, but nobody would publish the story.Read More
Thank You For Your Support
- Why Canadian restaurants still don't have any Michelin stars?
- El nuevo censo: cuántos latinos hay en Canadá, de dónde vienen, cómo llegan, dónde viven...
- Estos serán los empleos más demandados en Canadá durante 2018
- Ruta crítica para exportar de México a Canadá
- Canadá y la Primera Guerra Mundial, el origen de la 'red poppy'
- Canadá tiene la llave para que esta semana se defina el futuro del TLCAN
- Nautilus Innovation Lab: Developing Nature-Inspired Technology to Fight Climate Change
- Canadá se reincorporará al TLCAN cuando solucione sus diferencias con Estados Unidos
- El consulado de Perú en Toronto promueve el emprendimiento en la comunidad hispana en Ontario
- Luis Almagro afirma en Vancouver que la “discriminación de la comunidad LGTBI es un déficit democrático”