The atmosphere appears to thicken ahead of the penultimate round of NAFTA renegotiation in Montreal later this month. After a rollercoaster week that brought market-shaking reports of the Trudeau government’s alleged fatalism, a Canadian complaint to the World Trade Organization and positive signals from Donald Trump, the cabinet’s official mantra following the retreat in London, Ont., is an equivocal “hope for the best and prepare for the worst.”Read More
Alicja Minda is a Polish journalist whose interests span international affairs, globalization, world development, social enterprise and economic relations. She has spent over eight years as a reporter and editor for the Polish Press Agency’s English-language economic and financial newswire Market Insider. Her work has also appeared in nationwide magazines in Poland.
Canada has received praise from the OECD Secretary-General, Mexican Ángel Gurría, for its “strong commitment” to tackling climate change, but has yet to show signs of falling carbon emissions. Meanwhile, the US remains on track to cutting emissions thanks to action on the state and municipal levels, despite the country’s prospective pull-out from the Paris Agreement.Read More
Ai Weiwei, one of the world’s most influential and courageous artists, has just visited Toronto to receive the Adrienne Clarkson Prize for Global Citizenship. The artist took the opportunity to invite the audience to see his first documentary film, ‘Human Flow,’ which opens in cinemas across Canada on October 20: “A film like this I can never repeat,” he said.Read More
Thank You For Your Support
Escriben en Lattin
- Why Canadian restaurants still don't have any Michelin stars?
- Estos serán los empleos más demandados en Canadá durante 2018
- El nuevo censo: cuántos latinos hay en Canadá, de dónde vienen, cómo llegan, dónde viven...
- Canadá y la Primera Guerra Mundial, el origen de la 'red poppy'
- Conoce los aspectos legales para establecer una empresa en Ontario
- Todo lo que debes saber sobre la legalización de la marihuana en Canadá
- Canadá y su potencial provincial, una oportunidad para México
- “El reconocimiento federal del Mes de la Herencia Latinoamericana no es un punto de llegada, sino de partida”
- José Vivar, de líder pandillero y narcotraficante a emprendedor de ‘fitness’: “Es posible cambiar”
- Los Toros de Toronto, el equipo de hockey que se motivaba con mariachis mexicanos