DJI, the world’s leader in civilian drones and aerial imaging technology, launched an aerial photography contest in partnership with National Geographic. The contest will run on the popular photo-sharing platform Instagram from September 5 to October 31, opened to residents of the United States and Canada.
The aerial contest welcomes amateur and professional photographers as well as first-time drone users. Interested participants can upload their best aerial images to their Instagram account and hashtag their entry with #MyMavicContest and #NatGeoTravel. National Geographic photo editors will shortlist and select the top 5 entries at the end of the contest. Each winner will be rewarded with a DJI Mavic Pro, a portable, powerful and easy-to-use camera drone featuring DJI’s most innovative flight technology in a sleek, foldable package that enables creative fun wherever you go.
“We are very excited to work with National Geographic to help more people experience the fun of aerial technology and give them a different perspective of the world from above,” said Danny Zheng, Vice President of Marketing at DJI. “In addition to engaging photographers, the photo contest and rental program is a great way to encourage travelers and outdoor enthusiasts to unleash their creativity and expand the infinite possibilities of aerial photography.”
Alongside the photo contest, DJI announced the details to its drone rental program, which is opened to everyone around the world. Starting from September 5 thru October 31, users can sign up online for the chance to participate in the rental program. Applicants will have the opportunity to keep the DJI Mavic Pro for two weeks, taking it wherever they go or whenever inspiration strikes to create their next aerial masterpiece. For more details, visit http://events.dji.com/mavicfreerental.
“National Geographic has been proud to help pioneer the field of photography ever since our first published picture in 1905. Since that day we’ve fervently supported ideas and missions that not only go ‘above and beyond’ to push the limits of human potential and provide our fans with new perspectives, but also to champion new technologies with the potential to have a positive impact on taking us all further. This is why we’re excited to work with DJI on this inventive aerial initiative,” said Con Apostolopoulos, Vice President and General Manager of National Geographic Partners.
Details of the Aerial Photography Contest (available for residents in United State and Canada)
- Contest Duration: September 5, 2017, 12:01 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time) to October 31, 2017, 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time)
- Award Announcement Date: November 13, 2017
- How to Enter: Upload your best images shot with the DJI Mavic Pro to your Instagram account with the hashtags #MyMavicContest and #NatGeoTravel
- Prizes: 5 winners, each will be rewarded with the DJI Mavic Pro
- For more information about the photo contest, visit: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/mymaviccontest/
Details of the Drone Rental Program (available worldwide)
- Program Duration: September 5, 2017 to October 31, 2017
- How to Apply: Sign up online to become an applicant
- For more information about the free rental program, visit: http://events.dji.com/mavicfreerental